When you are using chemicals, your health might be in danger due to the emanation of harmful and toxic vapors. To protect yourself and your close environment, you must manipulate your products in an enclosure using recirculating air filtration (formerly Enclosure for Toxics using Recirculating Air Filtration or ETRAF) equipped with a molecular filter or either particulate filter (HEPA filter) nor both filters.
Following its wide experience with safety cabinets and storage of dangerous products, ECOSAFE-leading manufacturer of safety cabinets-uses its entire technical knowledge to design and manufacture its fume hoods LABOPUR®. Made in EU, the ductless fume hoods LABOPUR® stand out by a high manufacturing quality and finition. The entire process being controlled with the European standard ISO 9001 -2008.
Ductless fume hoods LABOPUR® provide the user a secured work space for the repetitive manipulations of small chemicals quantities. The dangerous vapours are confined in the enclosure, then are cleaned while going through the active charcoal filter. Finally, dangerous vapors are rejected in the atmosphere without danger for the environment. Thus, the user’s health is protected.
Ductless fume hoods LABOPUR® were certified to the NF X 15-211 - may 2009 norm, by independent laboratories:
• The MAPE laboratory (itself approved to the ISO CEI 17025 norm by the COFRAQ) has approved the filtration part of the NF X 15-211.
• DANTEC DYNAMICS approved the containment part of the NF X 15-211 norm.
• ADM LABO SERVICES : filter tightness and integrity testing (HEPA filter).
LABOPUR® ductless fume hoods are controlled according to quality process and procedures defined by the repository of international quality standard ISO 9001-2008, at the end of the assembly line and before their shipping to the user in order to assure a perfect functioning and efficiency.
NF X 15-211 French norm is the most demanding regulation today. It garantees to the user a full safety allowing him to focus on his manipulations.
Enclosures for toxic LABOPUR® using recirculating air filtration are classified according to 2 security levles :
• class 1 : enclosure with safety reserve
• class 2 : enclosure without safety reserve, the most common
Enclosures LABOPUR® using reciiculating air filtration belongs to the class 2 :
• P type : particle filtration
• VP type : vapours
• PV type : particle & vapours filtration
Ductless fume hoods LABOPUR® are recirculating air filtration enclosures from the class 2 which could be fitted, depending on the model, with filter for particles or for molecules, or both.
To be in accordance with this standard, air filtration fume hood LABOPUR® have to meet multiple criteria (summary) :
• the enclosure must be provided with a ventilation device to maintain the air speed with a rate between 0,4 m/s and 0,6 m/s.
• rejection, dowstream the filter, of 50% of the VME (mean value of exposure) of toxics treated in the enclosure in the duration of normal filter use.
• the enclosure must have been tested by an approved and independent laboratory.
• the class 2 enclosure have to be equipped with a sound or visual alarm activated every 60 working hours and also a sampling outlet device.
• the class 2 enclosures must not reject more than 50% of the VME downstream the filter during the detection test.
Activated carbon is an extremely porous black carbon allowing the absoption of molecules from chemicals thanks to the high degree of microporosity (less than 2 µm).
Based on the chemicals you have to filter, activated carbon can be impregnated to improve the absoption capacity. A specific impregnation could fit for one product and be unadapted for another one.
Hepa filter (High Efficiency Particulate Air) is an air filter with a very high efficiency.
The Hepa filtration efficiency is controlled and approved according to the norm NF EN 1822 and divided into 5 efficiency classes. The H14 Hepa filter which is the most efficient will stop 99,97% of the particles whith a diameter equal or bigger than 0,3 µm.